Around Australia, analogue TV services are being progressively switched over to digital TV signals. If you aren’t “digital ready”, it’s probably time to consider digital antenna installation so that you can experience all the benefits that digital TV offers.
You have two options if you want to get free to air digital TV: using a set top box or personal video recorder that converts your existing analogue TV set into a digital TV, or replacing your analogue TV set with a set that has an inbuilt digital tuner.
You might find your existing TV antenna is suitable for receiving digital transmissions, or you might need to upgrade to a digital TV antenna to get decent reception. Many people see the switch from analogue to digital TV as an opportunity to replace an old aerial installation with the latest digital antenna system.
There are a number of steps when it comes digital antenna installation.
- Work out what digital TV antenna system provides the best reception for your situation, including the building, its geographic location and the type of TV set you use.
- Fit the digital TV antenna on the roof.
- Run cabling between the antenna and the interior of the building.
- Test the aerial installation to make sure that it works as it should.
Thinking about a DIY antenna installation?
If you are considering taking on the job on a new digital antenna installation, rather than getting an antenna technician in, you need to be aware of some of the DIY pitfalls you may face.
- You will need to spend a considerable amount of time on research before you identify the digital antenna system that’s best for your situation.
- You will need access to some specialised equipment so that you can get up to the roof and work there safely.
- Testing and troubleshooting could be time-consuming and frustrating.
- There’s a risk of damaging roof coverings and internal surfaces as you work on the roof and run cables through your property.
If you are not confident that you have the experience and skills to choose an appropriate digital antenna system and install it safely, it’s best to have a digital antenna installation technician undertake the work. An antenna installation technician has the training, experience and equipment needed to do a safe, professional installation job.
If it’s time call in the professionals for your digital antenna installation, call us on 1800 351 121.